Tuesday, January 18, 2022

How to Love Your Neighbor by Sophie Sullivan

 

How to Love Your NeighborHow to Love Your Neighbor by Sophie Sullivan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A very cute rom-com with likeable characters and a fun conflict: Rich handsome real estate man wants to buy the house next door that's empty. However, about-to-graduate beautiful DIY interior designer just inherited the house; thrilled to have a home of her own at last, she refuses his offer to purchase the house. 

I liked the mix of the rom-com trope with an element of DIY reality show thrown in. 

As it turns out, this is book #2 in a series. I don't think it's necessary to have read book #1 to enjoy book #2, although I suppose it would give more background into Noah's family. That being said, I guessed about this being the second book when brother #1 introduces his girlfriend to our Grace. It was like, "Ohhhhh, I bet their story was book #1."

Anyway, I liked Grace and most of the time, Noah. I've read a lot of rom-coms recently, so many of them seem to fall into mostly-predictable tropes. Nevertheless, I liked this story and would recommend it for those who enjoy rom-com stories.

No comments: