Monday, June 05, 2023

You'll want to find this hotel in Italy.

The Little Italian Hotel The Little Italian Hotel by Phaedra Patrick

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed reading The Little Italian Hotel, the latest from one of my favorite go-to British authors, Phaedra Patrick. I think my favorite of hers is still the first one of hers I read (The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper), but I've enjoyed her others as well.

There were many things about this book that I enjoyed: I enjoyed the different members of Ginny's motley crew, and I really found myself identifying with several things that Ginny is struggling with (hello, menopause, this change of life is warm...). However, there were several choices made during the course of the plot that seemed, well, out of character for a couple of the characters. And while these characters were doing things that I wasn't expecting or thought they should do, that doesn't mean it's necessarily inconsistent; it could be more about what I enjoy about books not aligning with what the author felt was the best choice for her story. This, reading friends, is what makes books so much fun for everyone.

If you're a fan of Patrick, you'll enjoy this one. If you're not, but are wondering if you should grab this one from the new release table, my advice is YES. It would make a terrific summer read for the plane, the poolside, or the beach.

Release date: Tuesday 6 June in the US

Thanks to the publisher, the author, and NetGalley for an advanced ebook to read and review. All opinions are my own.

No comments: