Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Chunkster Challenge 2008


Hosted by Dana, one of my very favorite bookish friends!








4 books (1 per quarter), minimum 450 pages in length.

Annotated June 27, 2008:

Watership Down
by Richard Adams (book club selection)
I tried to read this, and it's a big fat NO. It was boring and I couldn't attend the book club, so
I had no motivation to finish.
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver (also a Paperback Challenge book)
I have begun this but had to quit for a while. I'll pick it back up before long.
Lisey's Story by Stephen King
July: READING it. It's quite engrossing. I had to set it aside to do other things today, like blog and stuff.
Dawn of a Thousand Nights by Tricia Goyer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love love love love love love LOVED the Poisonwood Bible--one of my 2007 FAVES!
I have to admit that i am a LEETLE surprised you picked Lisey's Story. i was thinking that Stephen King was where our tastes diverged. However, I LOVED IT as well. Some parts were hard to read, but all of it was masterful. Remember that it's ok not to understand everything right away--it all becomes clear by the end.