Monday, July 28, 2008

Miss Match by Erynn Mangum

I don't remember where I first heard about Erynn Mangum's debut novel Miss Match. I literally skim hundreds of blog entries by Christian authors, and hundreds of emails through ACFW in any given month. Suffice it to say, at some point I put it on my Paperback Swap wish list, and that wish was granted earlier in the summer.

I took Miss Match with me on a road trip, and I found myself laughing out loud to myself throughout the book, garnering some weird looks from my hubby who was driving the van.

I have to say, I love the narrator, Laurie Holbrook. She is me, but more confident. Me with the love of the brown food group (you know, the brown food group: chocolate and coffee!). Me with the desire to follow God but not sure if I'm doing it right.

Laurie and her friends both old and new, and her family, were heartwarming, humorous, and FUN (hey, I may be a Baptist minister's wife, but I just can't come up with a third "h" word - sorry!).

If you're a fan of chick lit of the inspirational or Christian variety, this book is a must-read for you. If you've never given chick lit a try, this is a good place to start. I enjoyed this book as much as Tamera Leigh's or Rachel Hauck's chick lit novels.

No comments: