Tuesday, September 16, 2008

When?

When will I find time to write?

Right now.

Right here.

Of course, with a desktop, it's impossible to take it with me. So, I sometimes resort to the written page.

I have decided, again, to carry an older comp book around with me so I always have something to write on. Or in. Whatever!

It's not very full. It has to-do lists, and book review drafts, and a few ideas, scattered throughout its pages. It's a hodgepodge notebook, not meant for posterity.

It fits in my tote bag and is easy to pull out when needed.


In other writing news:

I had just begun to get used to the laptop I purchased in April, when it began acting funny. When reformatting it (after backing up all my data, of course!) didn't work, I took it to the Laptop Hospital (AKA Best Buy's Geek Squad, which is where I bought it) last Monday. Josh called me Friday evening and told me that the hard drive was shot. Unfortunately, it has to be sent to Toshiba to be fixed. Recovery time 2-4 weeks. Fortunately, it's covered by the manufacturer's warranty!

I just hope it's back in time for NaNoWriMo. This will be the first November I can participate with a portable computer.

In Writer News:

If you live in the Twin Cities and are a fan of Christian fiction in all its many forms, head to the Mall of America this Saturday afternoon from 1-3. It's going to be one of the biggest author signings ever!

No comments: