Thursday, October 23, 2008

home sick

I don't often take sick days. As most moms can attest, it just doesn't happen.

That said, today I am home sick. My dear and loving Chaplain Hubby, who is a generous guy, unwittingly shared his sinus infection with me. It took me a few days to break out with it full-force (he said that's because I am slow; I glared at him before I sneezed), but here I sit, in my flannel jammies, enjoying my wireless internet connection from the comfort of my book- and notebook-strewn unmade bed, with a travel mug of coffee handy and kleenexes and lip balm at the ready.

My lovely boss at Curves told me last night I needed to stay home and get better. I was only supposed to work a 2-hour shift anyway, because school is out today and tomorrow for the statewide teachers' convention.

Maybe now I'll have time to catch up on all the book reviews I have yet to write.

Maybe after my nap.

No comments: