Saturday, December 27, 2008

What's in store for 2009?

I am sitting in the house fighting off a huge headache and listening to Chaplain Hubby vacuum upstairs. It's eerily quiet, as my family members left this morning: Mom for home, Sis & BIL for South Dakota and more Christmas cheer.

I feel the huge need for alone time and goal setting, as 2009 looms ever nearer. I am a resolution girl, and no, I don't really keep all of them 100% of the time. But setting goals is always a good thing.

I enjoy reading challenges, but I don't think I'll join as many this year. I will do the TBR 2009 challenge, as well as the Jewish lit challenge. Beyond that, I'm not sure. I have boxes of unread books in my home, and this will be the year to whittle that collection down. PBS and Bookmooch members will likely benefit from that process, as will the local swap shelves and the library. I am thinking of going on another book-buying fast. I have gift cards for Borders and Barnes & Noble that I received for Christmas, and my plan is to purchase two books I still need for my book club.

I have plans to write more this year as well. I honestly don't have a plan, but I want to seek publication in 2009. I have been so encouraged by reading writers' blogs this year!

More later...DD #1 wants online.

No comments: