Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Michal

Michal is a riveting Biblical novel. I absolutely enjoyed reading this account of David's first wife and the beginning of his reign in Israel, told from Michal's point of view. It made the Biblical account come alive for me in a new and exciting way.

I found myself really enthralled with the book and with the character of Michal. Saul's daughter did not have an easy time of it. The journey she takes is long and dusty and fraught with frustration. Yet the author gives her a spiritual resolution to her story that is immensely satisfying.

I highly recommend this novel if you're interested in reading some politically-charged, action-packed Biblical fiction.

1 comment:

Maria said...

This sounds wonderful! I want to read this one ------ in my spare time.....