I can't remember how many care packages my daughters and I lovingly packed for Chaplain Hubby during his deployment. Several, I'm sure! We missed him so much.
The question of the day at Wives of Faith today is, what would a military wife need in her care package?
These are the things I'd include:
- chocolate and lots of it
- a nice Bible in the translation of her choice (my current reading Bible is the New Living Translation, making familiar passages a bit more fresh to my heart)
- a journal and a really good pen (I love gel pens for writing quickly)
- tissues (Kleenex or Puffs, take your pick)
- Coca-Cola (what can I say, ours is a Coke house)
- ice cream
- fun activities for the kids
- a library card
- a Netflix membership or a gift card to Blockbuster
- freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies
- plenty of vitamins
- unlimited cell phone minutes and texting
- note cards from friends and family to be delivered via snail mail on a regular basis
- did I mention chocolate?
- a AAA membership!!!!!! <--added after reading another wife's list where she included the number of a good handyman! :)