Friday, January 01, 2010

Saying No...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I am saying no to any reading challenges for the first half of 2010.

I have many challenges of other kinds in 2010: taking a Creative Writing class, and packing, and selling a house, and moving, and possibly taking a month to live with my inlaws so my daughter can attend a summer dance intensive . . . therefore, it's just not going to work for me to commit to any reading list. I'll take what I feel like taking with me in the car next summer, and the rest of my books will be packed up indefinitely.

I love the TBR challenge and have been a part of it for four years. I adore the Spring Reading Thing and the Fall into Reading challenges at Callapidder Days. I love mini short-term challenges, like Everything Austen.

Perhaps after we get settled in San Antonio, I might consider one or two.

But for now, the only one I'll commit to? I WILL be reading.

Have a great reading year in 2010!

2 comments:

Janet Spaeth said...

MOVING! You're MOVING? To TEXAS?

ACK!!!!!

Pattie said...

Which means, sometime in the next five months we need to meet!!! :)