Sunday, May 02, 2010

My MilSpouse Bible Verse

Wives of Faith MilSpouses Rock
My MilSpouse Bible Verse

I claimed this verse before we moved from Missouri to North Dakota in 2006. It was a tough move. We were leaving my husband's family, many very good friends, I was leaving a good job I enjoyed, and the girls were leaving their many friends. I also had a good friend who was not supportive of my husband's decision to go active duty and her lack of support for us made life very difficult and painful for me at the time (she is now very supportive of us and is much more optimistic than she used to be, but at the time it was not good).

So my verse comes from a wonderful chapter, Joshua 1. Moses died, leaving leadership of the nation of Israel in the capable hands of Joshua, his chosen successor. Verse 9 is a great summary of his message in the chapter. It reads:

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go

God has truly been with me on this journey wherever we've gone, and I know He has gone before us in this move to make things much smoother than they have been in the past . . . and I'm so grateful for His provision!

1 comment:

The Household 6 Diva said...

ooo that is a good one!

God is so awesome! Always there to encourage us and create a right path for our feet to follow!

(Stopping by from WOF!)