- My real name is Pattie, not Patricia. My dad named me and made the spellings of both my first and middle names different from the norm.
- My husband started out as an Air Force Reserve chaplain, and because it was soooo part-time I didn't really bother learning about military stuff. In retrospect, this seems sort of dumb. So I have only been paying attention to the military for a little over four years now.
- I may occasionally gripe about being short, but I like my height. I'm 5'3"
- I adore Facebook. It's fun and a great way to stay connected to people.
- I love the theatre. I'd love to be involved in community theatre on a large scale someday.
- I love reading. It's my favorite fun activity.
- I do not enjoy exercise. However, I'm hoping to get into some classes at the gym on base once I get settled in Texas.
- I need external motivation to accomplish goals. I keep giving myself deadlines, and then extending them for myself!
- My daughters have great rhythm and grace and dance beautifully. I can't dance.
- I enjoy blogging. I think it's the feedback aspect of this very public style of writing that appeals to me. However, I've never had a large readership. I keep referring people on to my friends! (and for those friends who read this: you're welcome.)
- I'm a nice person. I can be snarkastic (snarky + sarcastic, thanks Lorelai Gilmore!) with the best of them, but generally I am a very nice, helpful person.
- I'm a weird mix of introvert and extrovert. I love people and being with friends, but I crave alone time and if I don't get it, I'm crabby.
- If I don't eat regularly, I get very, very crabby.
- I like tote bags and have way too many.
- My favorite t-shirt right now is the one that says "Ma" on the front, and "Little House on the Prairie: the Musical" on the back. It's a very pretty shade of green.
- When I was in college all I wanted to do was teach. Then I taught for almost 11 years. After a four-year break, I'm only just now starting to wish I could teach again. That's how burned out I was.
- I am passionate about Wives of Faith. It's a wonderful ministry to be involved with. I hope to always support and encourage other military wives for as long as the Lord allows my husband to serve. Come over and visit :)
- I was so nervous when Emily at Focus on the Family interviewed me on the phone for the radio show featuring Sara Horn. I was shaking in my chair!
- I love dogs. It's a rare dog that doesn't love me back.
- I've decided if I were to go back to school for another degree, it'd be a Masters of Library Science, so I could be a librarian!
Friday, July 16, 2010
Faith Friday 20 Things
This week's Faith Friday is about me. Or you. But you can write about you on your blog; this one's mine! ;)