Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Christmas Blog Day 2

Hi and welcome to Pattie's milspouse blog. In the interest of full disclosure, I am not in the running for any prizes, since I'm helping run this blog carnival--but I wanted to participate with my own entries too.

"Christmas won't be Christmas without any presents," grumbled Jo, lying on the rug.

(Best opening line ever!)

Seriously, though: What's the one thing that makes Christmas for me?

It's tough nailing down that "one thing." I love Christmas music. I love spending time with my family. I enjoy Christmas programs, Christmas parties, and Advent. Christmas eve services. Singing special music with my friends.

But honestly? The "one thing" is Jesus Christ being our Emmanuel--our God with Us. Our Infant Savior. Just realizing the magnitude of God becoming man, celebrating that during Christmas, is what it's all about for me.


And just for fun, the One Thing clip (warning: a profanity):


To read everyone else's "one thing" posts, click here and read the comments!

No comments: