Monday, February 21, 2011

Yada Yada

I've been a big fan of Neta Jackson's books for a few years now. I read the Yada Yada Prayer Group series about three years ago or so, and I enjoyed them. They're the kind of Christian fiction with real characters with real flaws, and in the rare instances of its appearance the kind of romance that is not all syrupy-sweet and gaggy. I strongly identified with the main character, Jodi, in many ways.

Enter Gabby and the House of Hope about a year or so after the last Yada Yada Prayer Group book was published. I reviewed the first book here, and then I borrowed books 2 and 3, finally getting around to reading them in January.

The fourth book in the Yada Yada House of Hope series is entitled Who is My Shelter? and you can find out more about it on the author's site here. It was a very satisfying conclusion to the series, but I'd recommend reading the first three for full enjoyment.

My friend Stephanie gave me her copy of the book, and since I'd recently read the first three, it was the perfect time for me to read the series finale. Now it's on to my other friend to read. I love my bookish friends! :)

No comments: