- I haven't blogged in so long, I've forgotten how...almost!
- I spend most of my online time on Facebook, or email, or researching for my class I'm teaching (Reading and Writing).
- I'm thinking about a break from Facebook.
- By deactivating my account.
- Just during the weeks I'm grading research papers and finals.
- Because what I discovered is, if I have to, I can work hard when the computer is off.
- I'm behind on my Wives of Faith editorial stuff.
- Just looking at the emails piling up stresses me out.
- I'm about to take my dog to the groomer's.
- We're settling into life here in our new state.
- It's pretty much just as busy as everywhere else---school, work, chapel activities, base activities.
- Except surrounded by mountains and trees changing colors to suit the autumn.
- We're fine.
- I do miss my friends in the "lower 48" a lot.
- I'm making new friends.
- But that takes time.
- I haven't been writing and I feel all pent up with words.
- I also feel like I'm missing opportunities for expression.
- But I'm not sure.
- I still fight the spectre of insecurity, the sin of not trusting.
- But in many other ways, our life is blessed, and happy, and busy, and good.
- How about you?
Friday, September 16, 2011
Quick Friday Takes
All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffin My rating: 5 of 5 stars All We Ever Wanted is worthy of the buzz it's receiving this summer. I h...
I am thrilled to review and recommend Melanie Shankle's latest book, Church of the Small Things (not an affiliate link, but takes y...
Summer at Bluebell Bank by Jen Mouat My rating: 4 of 5 stars This is a great debut from author Jen Mouat. My friend recommended it t...
Of Mess and Moxie: Wrangling Delight Out of This Wild and Glorious Life by Jen Hatmaker My rating: 5 of 5 stars I wasn’t sure how in the...