Friday, September 16, 2011

Quick Friday Takes

  • I haven't blogged in so long, I've forgotten how...almost!
  • I spend most of my online time on Facebook, or email, or researching for my class I'm teaching (Reading and Writing).
  • I'm thinking about a break from Facebook.
  • By deactivating my account.
  • Just during the weeks I'm grading research papers and finals.
  • Because what I discovered is, if I have to, I can work hard when the computer is off.
  • I'm behind on my Wives of Faith editorial stuff.
  • Just looking at the emails piling up stresses me out.
  • I'm about to take my dog to the groomer's.
  • We're settling into life here in our new state.
  • It's pretty much just as busy as everywhere else---school, work, chapel activities, base activities.
  • Except surrounded by mountains and trees changing colors to suit the autumn.
  • We're fine.
  • Really.
  • I do miss my friends in the "lower 48" a lot.
  • I'm making new friends.
  • But that takes time.
  • I haven't been writing and I feel all pent up with words.
  • I also feel like I'm missing opportunities for expression.
  • But I'm not sure.
  • I still fight the spectre of insecurity, the sin of not trusting.
  • But in many other ways, our life is blessed, and happy, and busy, and good.
  • How about you?

1 comment:

Ebony S said...

We miss you too :) BTW, did you ever read my ideas on making new friends? I'll send you the link if you're interested :D