Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 31: What I've Learned

What have I learned from writing every day? Let's see....
  • I like it.
  • Sometimes it's hard.
  • I CAN do it!
  • Some people actually like what I write!
  • (That's encouraging. I need encouragement.)
  • I need the discipline of daily writing, even if I don't publish it daily.
  • It's okay not to publish everything I write.
  • It's also okay to turn off the internal editor.
  • Which is hard!!!
  • Facebook is a huge distraction from actual writing.
  • Listening to God is harder with distractions.
  • Being open to inspiration is important. (I credit inspiration as divine, because really, I have nothing without God. And my writing is His.)
  • I am proud of myself for accomplishing this October 31 Days of Writing.
  • And I don't mean that in a prideful way, either.
  • I stuck with it and accomplished a goal. That's a big deal!
Thanks to The Nester for hosting all the 31 Days blogs. To read all my blogs for the month of writing, click here.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Great post Pattie! I hope you will keep posting even though the 31 day challenge is over. :)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Great job with your commitment to writing daily. I admire those that have been able to post daily and am in awe with those that have multiple blogs! (I am doing real good to get my "one post a week" up each week :o)

I am stopping by through Semper Wifey's Marine Birthday Bash.

Blessings & Aloha!
I would love to have you stop by my post: P.S.

Semper Wifey said...

I'm proud of you for your great writing! Good job getting through such a challenge!

Thank you for joining in the Marine Birthday Bash! I hope you'll come back the rest of the week! :)

http://semperwifey.blogspot.com