Monday, October 03, 2011

Loving My Husband

You've probably noticed the button on the right, the super-cute one that says laughing is a given...well, that's from my friend Sara Horn's new book, My So-Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife. It's an excellent book, one of my favorite one-year memoirs, made even more special to my heart because I remember talking to Sara about some of the things that made it into the book. Kind of like "It's Shake-n-Bake...and I hayelped!" but not. OK, not at all. But still!

Anyway, this week's challenge is to show love to our husbands. I have to say, I know how I try to show love to my husband, and I know how he receives love from me, and they are NOT the same thing. Our love languages are, shall we say, not always in sync. But that's okay. What will make this a bit easier this week is that his birthday is on Thursday. While our middle week days are quite crazy (Tuesdays and Thursdays are dance nights, and Wednesdays involve the chapel's religious education program and the night I teach each week), Mondays and Fridays are generally much slower.

The results of this week may not make it to the blog, but I wanted you all to know I'm participating in the challenge.

No comments: