Friday, July 18, 2014

Where is your focus?

I'm on the blog at Wives of Faith today.

This summer has been...different. I have two teenagers, so it's getting harder and harder to find time to do fun things together as a family. My oldest daughter got a part-time job, and both girls are taking summer school as well as summer dance classes. Since I wasn't able to teach a summer course myself this year, and all attempts to find an additional job were met with "Thanks, but no thanks," I began what I'm calling the Great Pre-PCS Purge of 2014. For my non-military friends, this is what you do when a cross-continental move is on the horizon.

My mission is simple: downsize the HHGs (household goods). I have become a regular consignor at the base thrift shop, and I've donated bags of clothing and kitchen items no longer needed. But as the photo above indicates, the big project the past few days has been paperwork. Lots and lots (and lots) of paperwork.

You see, as a teacher and a writer (and let's face it, a bit of a hoarder of information), I've accumulated a lot of paper. . . . You can read the rest at Wives of Faith here.

No comments: