Monday, September 01, 2014

Day 1 of 30 Days of Writing: September


Here I am...giving the daily discipline of writing another whirl this month. I haven't done this for a while, and my goal isn't to increase readership (although I'm waving to my handful of followers--hi friends! Long time no see). My goal is to get back into writing. I am a better writing teacher when I too am writing.

My friend Leann posted this link on Facebook, so I'm using these prompts when they work, and when they don't I'll write about something else.

My First Job

The first job I can remember having outside my own house was house- and cat-sitting for our neighbors across the street. They liked to go away for a week or so at a time, so my job was to collect the mail and their paper, and check on the cat twice a day. Inevitably, Kitty-Kat, their black-and-white cat, would leave a furball surrounded by vomit at the top of the stairs to greet me, and the litter box would hold a gift as well.

I remember when they got a home security system installed. Thankfully only once did the alarm go off, and I got it turned off before the police arrived. Whew!

I did this for each of their vacations until we moved after my high school graduation.

No comments: