Friday, October 17, 2014

October 17th: Unglued


Being unglued doesn't mean you have to come undone.

I studied this book this past spring at PWOC. I am an emotional gal, so I knew this would be a helpful study.
One of the best things about Lysa TerKeurst is that she takes Biblical truths and puts them on paper in a real and practical way. How can we control our emotional outbursts? How can we know what to do in those situation in which we feel out of our minds with anger or sadness or frustration? This book gives lists, scripts for what one might say in a situation, and Bible verses to study, memorize, internalize, and meditate on.


This book has helped me become more aware of my emotions, and my reactions, and I think I've grown a lot since going through the study with a trusted group of ladies.

While I did not enjoy the format of the "participant's guide," I can say that the book was amazing and I highly recommend it.

To read more of this #31DaysofBooks series, visit the introduction post.

1 comment:

Leann said...

This book is on my NOOK and I have not read it, yet. I see a reading list shaping up for 2015 with a couple of genres I need to hit.