Sunday, April 01, 2018

First Impressions by Debra White Smith

First Impressions: A Contemporary Retelling of Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen #1)First Impressions: A Contemporary Retelling of Pride and Prejudice by Debra White Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a re-release of a book that was previously published. I was very excited to read it, because I enjoy both Austenesque stories and modern Austen retellings.

Some things about this book were fun: the mirroring storylines, the similar-but-not-quite-the-same names, the theater links, and the characters. I enjoyed Eddi, although at times she annoyed me and I can't quite put my finger on why.

Some things, however, felt a bit repetitive (the mirroring storylines, in some places, for example). I also felt that the character of the aunt needed a bit more consistency, because the confrontation scene felt inconsistent to me.

All in all, it's a sweet story and I enjoyed it. I recommend it for fans of Christian fiction and Austen retellings.

I was granted a NetGalley review copy of this book for my Kindle for review. All opinions are my own.

No comments: