Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Something About Me Reading Challenge

I've joined another challenge. To find out more, you can click here. The idea is that each of us chooses five books that represent ourselves, and then we get to choose books to read between August 1 and the end of the year. This challenge has closed, but I have to tell you, if you are looking for some awesome reading suggestions, look no further than this blog!

These are the books I chose about myself:

1. Fresh-Brewed Life by Nicole Johnson (Coffee and Journaling Lover)
2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Hopeless Romantic)
3. SAHM I Am by Meredith Efken (SAHM)
4. Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank (lifetime journaler)
5. The Awakening by Kate Chopin (gorgeous prose)

My Choices for the Reading Challenge (and in parentheses, the person whose list it is from):

Why I Wore Lipstick to my Mastectomy by Geralyn Lucas (Dana) (She actually chose another book after this was a choice, but this is the one I chose first and found on sale. I'll try to catch the other one another time.)
My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok (Heather T)
Sixpence House: Lost in a Town of Books by Paul Collins (Nattie)
The Writing Life by Annie Dillard (Megan)
Generation NeXt Parenting by Tricia Goyer (Kristin) - also a Nonfiction Five choice
Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh (AlisonWonderland, Beachreader) - I've started this more than once & never finished.
Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell (Juli) - also a Newbery Challenge choice
Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote (Lucca)

No comments: