Friday, June 06, 2008



SKID is the latest offering from Rene Gutteridge. It is book 3 in the "Occupational Hazards" series. I was reading this last night while my daughter was in dance, and I was curious about the other books...so I sauntered (yes, I sauntered!) across the mall to the Christian bookstore (and now you all know why I started working; I'm at the dance studio 3 nights a week, across from a Christian bookstore. Need I say more?) and wouldn't you know it, they had only one of the books? So obviously these are good sellers. The other book was about one of the other Hazard siblings.

I stayed up late last night to finish this unique novel. I have been wracking my brain trying to come up with a comparison (you know, "This book is a lot like thus-and-so"), and I can't find one. It is different. It is funny, poignant, sad, inspiring, and crazy. All in one 323-page book.

If you're looking for something different, this is the book for you.

No comments: