Friday, September 26, 2008

Sunset

Karen Kingsbury's final volume in the multiple Baxter Family series of books came out on Tuesday. Sunset is a fitting ending to the family saga: enough is resolved that it's satisfying, yet many things are left open should she decide to pick up their stories in a few years.

I often joke that Karen Kingsbury's fiction is Christian crack: her books are all-encompassing, to the point that I will sacrifice sleep and food to finish one!

I highly recommend this book if you want to know how it all comes together. And if you have never picked up a Karen Kingsbury novel, be aware that once you start, it'll be tough to stop. ;)

3 comments:

Sunny said...

I've read the first set...the R series. (Well, all but the last one and I put that off because I knew it'd be sad and at that time I couldnt handle sad...need to pick it up again!)

Anyway, I loved it! Cant wait to read the rest of the entire series!

Steve and Eden said...

Sounds like an interesting book. I'll definitely be adding it to my list of books to read in the future.

Anonymous said...

I've read every Karen Kingsbury book and I agree with you. They are seriously addictive!

Thanks for the comments today on my blog Christianity & Caffeine. : )

I just stopped by your Wives of Faith blog and added it to my favorites. I'm a Navy wife. So, I get it. We need to stick together! lol. Great source of encouragement, thank you.