Sunday, February 06, 2011

Pattie's World

I haven't posted anything but book reviews and book lists in awhile, so here's just a random list blog for this Sunday afternoon...

  • I've been reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts and it's amazing. So amazing, I had to take a bit of a mental break the past couple of days. It's one of those freezer books, in that it requires change of me. I'm overwhelmed with changes right now.
  • We have watched The Big Bang Theory (seasons 1-3) on DVD the past few months, loaned from Teri and Mark. Sometimes wildly inappropriate, but almost always hilarious.
  • I've been researching Bible studies for PWOC for next year. Weird that I have to choose them, then leave. Probably.
  • I got to talk to a high school friend this week, a fellow military wife. It was an amazing talk.
  • I also found my senior musical cast photo, and began to wonder about all the people in it.
  • Ended up Googling my boyfriend from my senior year and finding him online. He's in ministry too. This makes me happy. God is awesome.
  • I have a LOT of unfinished stuff around me.
  • My husband is working on tax stuff. I hate tax stuff. The form for the accountant is taunting me from the other side of the desk.
  • I also have some books to read for review.
  • I have some books that need reviewed.
  • I want a Kindle 3G or a Nook Color. Not sure which.
  • Depends on where we go.
  • We may or may not find out this week where we're headed next. Or if we're staying here.
  • To quote Inigo Montoya, "I hate waiting."
  • Our 20th wedding anniversary is coming up.
  • We cannot afford a cruise, or a trip to Hawaii, nor would my husband want to spend the money on that.
  • We'll probably just go out for dinner.

3 comments:

Heather said...

The actor who played Inigo is in Dead Like Me, my new favorite series. Hee hee. When I visit my best friend, I watch Big Bang Theory with her. It is funny.

I vote Kindle, by the way. I am loving it.

Teri Lynne Underwood said...

I love this post ... thank you!!

And I too vote for Kindle.

Oh, we have recently found a love for Big Bang Theory too.

Memories of yesterday said...

Love the catch up! Sometimes the break and then the hose catchup are necessary and fun. Praying for you all as you wait!