Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Reading Thing 2011

This is my 5th Spring Reading Thing! Yay!

For more info for this year's challenge & guidelines, click here. As always, a special thanks to Katrina who hosts a great challenge each spring and autumn.

  • Mr. Monk is Miserable - Lee Goldberg
  • The Book Thief - Markus Zuzak
  • No Safe Haven - Kimberley & Kayla Woodhouse
  • Tea for Two - Trish Perry
  • The Life Ready Woman - Shaunti Feldhahn (finish)
  • and now I'm going to do what I really don't ever do and am not sure is allowed, but since I did list specific books, hopefully will be acceptable: I will read five other books (which I will then get rid of) from my shelves before we move to Alaska around the end of this challenge.
    1. All Eyes on Her - Poonam Sharpa (trade)
    1. The Cowboy Takes a Bride - Debra Clopton (in bag of giveaways)
    1. Texas Ranger Dad - Debra Clopton (in bag of giveaways)
    1. One Thousand Gifts - Ann Voskamp
    (gave to a friend)
  • The Yokota Officers Club - Sarah Bird (trade)
  • Good Things I Wish You - A. Manette Ansay (giving to a friend)
  • Perfect Blend by Sue Margolis (trade)

6 comments:

Brittanie said...

I am reading The Book Thief right now. I had to put it down for awhile. Even though it is YA it is still rough to read with Death as the narrator to me. :)

Pattie said...

Brittanie, that's why I had to put it down last year when I tried to read it! This will be attempt #2 to read. My good friend just told me on Fri. to push through the first section and that it will grow on me. I'm trusting her. :)

Angie said...

I love the Mr. Monk series! I just recently finished Mr. Monk Is Cleaned Out. :)

alisonwonderland said...

I think you'll enjoy The Book Thief if you can keep going. Happy reading!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Just for you, I'll allow it. :) No really, it's fine. You have some specific books, and another specific goal, so that works for me! Thanks for being such a faithful participant in my challenges, Pattie! Enjoy your spring reading! (I loved The Book Thief, though it took me a little while to get into it.)

Susanne said...

Lots of readers have the Book Thief on their lists. I think I may have to add it. Happy reading and hope you have a smooth move!