Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 27: Lost and Found

I had a really rough night on Sunday night. I had a stack of student papers I thought I would start grading, and when I went to get them, I couldn't find them.

Anywhere.

I don't know about you, but I can't stand making mistakes. At all. Losing my students' papers was a big mistake.

I also cannot abide when something is lost. Drives me nuts.

I went through the office, the house, and found nothing.

I went through my car, my tote bags, my filing cabinets. Nothing.

I went to bed. I didn't sleep well at all.

The next morning, I did the same thing as I'd done the night before: looked, looked again, and looked high and low. No papers.

I emailed the dance studio. They looked. Nothing.

I had a hearing test on Monday in town, and afterwards I turned on the GPS and found I was only 2 miles from the studio. I went by. I looked. No papers.

Last night, the students were pretty much united in two things: the belief that the papers would turn up, and the deep and abiding desire to know their grade.

Tonight as I sat in the dance studio watching the last few minutes of M2's class, the office lady gave them to me! She said they'd been shoved to the back of the "lost and found" standing crate!

Praise the Lord!!!

No comments: