Wednesday, April 11, 2012

That Post

Today's prompt is to write "that post."

This blog has been about writing and books--obviously, the title speaks for that. I read and I write--but there's more to me than that. I started, but haven't continued, a military blog. I edit and contribute to Wives of Faith most of the time, when I feel like I need to pour into that ministry, which of course takes precedence over my own blog.

I could write about how parenting a teen and a tween is almost more difficult than the newborn and toddler sleepless years. I could write about the ugly parts of being a pastor's wife--the things church members have said to me, about me, and about my husband behind our backs. I could write about how encouraging and pouring into others depletes me over time and sometimes, even though it's embarrassing, I'd like someone to do the same for me--without my prompting. I could write about how hard it is always to be the one who leaves. The one who moves. The one who stays when everyone else around me moves.

I could write about how I want to write a book, but I don't know what to write about. I could write about fear, but that's been done. I could write about faith, but that's been done too. I could write about being a military wife, but that's also been done.

I could write many things.

But I'm too tired, deflated, and emotional to do so today.

No comments: