Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 5 of 15 Habits

Great Writers Prepare


Prepare. This makes me think of John the Baptist in Mark chapter 1: Prepare the way of the Lord! Make a straight path for him!
I may not be preparing the same path, but I can see why preparation can make the path more clear and straight. It goes back to the same message for me: QUIT PROCRASTINATING!

Today is full. I have some non-negotiables on my calendar, commitments our family has made, that will take the bulk of my day. But this evening--ah, this evening. Writing. A deadline at the end of the week that must be met. I want the draft mostly finished so I can read it Tuesday again with fresh eyes and then send it to my editor for revision or approval--most likely revision *grin*.

To quote Frost's famous poem's closure:

But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

No comments: