Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer Checklist

Many of my military wife friends call this the Summer "Bucket" List, but I tend to think of a Bucket List as long-term goals. This is a "to do in the next 80 days" list.


  • Finish my devotional for its deadline in June. Done! Early hours of 13 June. Now waiting for probable edits/rewrite suggestions.
  • Read the entire Bible! ** I will not finish this. Sigh. **
  • Watch the British miniseries Fortysomething and return it into the Swap a DVD system. I tried, watched a couple of the episodes, but just couldn't get into it. It should be funny with the cast it has, but it just isn't. Disappointed.
  • Watch the movie Lost in Austen. Turns out it was a 4-part TV miniseries. Not all that super--they could have done a lot more with the idea that would have made it much more fun. Alex Kingston was awesome, though. **Finished 21-22 June 2012**
  • Visit the local nursery and buy a mint plant, cactus soil, and a new pot for my oldest daughter's cactus from Little Shop of Horrors. Done! 18 June 2012
  • Read the rest of the books in my Spring Reading Thing challenge list. That's a lot of nonfiction in the next couple of weeks! Let's hope I can get it done by the 20th. Wrap-up posted on 21 June for SRT 2012 here. Finished all but 2 nonfiction; one is on this list, the other is not.
  • Visit the art museum. 
  • Visit the native heritage center (I have a Groupon!). **Done! 6 Aug 2012**
  • Schedule my next ear dr. appt. 2 July.
  • Finish "The Artist's Way." I sort of left it after week 6.
  • Sort my upstairs bookshelves. ** Done!**
  • Sort and organize my downstairs bookshelves. **We're gonna call it done. There's empty space for the hubby's books should he so choose :)**
  • Go through my DVDs and choose what to keep and what can go away. Done! 6-11-12
  • Take books and DVDs to the local used bookstore for credit--deadline of 9 August for this! Done! 8-9-12; we now have a lot of credit. Yay!
  • Go through my syllabi and decide what needs to change and what can remain.
  • Write at least 2 articles to send out for publication to Blue Star Families. I'm overdue on blog posts for Molly! **1 is done! 14 June 2012 ** Published 28 June** **2nd done! Published 24 July**
  • Read the following books:
    Seven by Jen Hatmaker
    Grace for the Good Girl by Emilie Freeman
    Five Miles South of Peculiar by Angela Hunt (for review)
    Doctor's Devotion by Cheryl Wyatt (for review)
    Hope Springs by Kim Cash Tate (for review)
    Letting Go of Perfect by Amy Spiegel (for review)
    Wedded to War by Jocelyn Green (for review AND because she's a friend)
Yes, it's a long list, but definitely accomplish-able. Putting it in public here will keep me accountable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a long list, so if you need to bump something until later, I would skip Lost In Austen. I really tried to like it (seeing that I adore all things Jane), but it's so-so at best. Good luck with your list and thanks for inspiring me to clean out the bookshelves and DVD cabinet.