Thursday, June 21, 2012

SRT 2012 Wrap-Up

http://callapidderdays.com/2012/06/spring-reading-thing-2012-wrap-it-up.html

Here is the link to my original post, and my final list is also copied at the end of this wrap-up blog.

So in typical Pattie reading fashion, I love making a list--and I love breaking up with my list and making changes along the way. (I think it's my inner rebel.)

Another pattern emerged once again--it's so easy for me to sit down and read a fiction novel. But when it comes to reading meaningful nonfiction, the kind that will kick my butt and rock my world, I hesitate because I feel like I need to give it my full attention, journal and pen at the ready.

So I don't read it.

This is why I didn't finish my original list by two nonfiction books. One remains in my "to read" this summer stack: 7 by Jen Hatmaker. The 1001 Things to Love About Military Life book will probably wait for a later time.

My summer reading list can be found here, on my summer checklist post.

Thank you once again to Katrina of Callapidder Days, for hosting a twice-yearly romp into literary listing. I appreciate you!

And...my list:

  1. Cooking the Books - Bonnie Calhoun (Kindle via NetGalley, for review)
  2. By the Light of the Silvery Moon - Tricia Goyer (Kindle via NetGalley, for review)
  3. Seven - Jen Hatmaker (recommended from many friends) **pushed to summer reading list**
  4. You're Already Amazing - Holley Gerth (picked up from a table at Barnes and Noble, looked good and I always need encouragement)
  5. Joy for Beginners - Erica Bauermeister (Kindle via library loan)
  6. **delightful!!!**
  7. I Love a Man in Uniform - Lily Burana (won from Homefront United Network contest)
  8. 1001 Things to Love About Military Life by Crooks, Henderson, Hightower and Scherer (won from Homefront United Network contest) **will get to another time**
  9. Blue Moon Bay - Lisa Wingate (CFBA review; tour was last month)
Other books read:

  1. A Billion Reasons Why - Kristin Billerbeck. Cute story.
  2. Beyond the Gathering Storm - Janette Oke
  3. When Tomorrow Comes - Janette Oke 
  4. The Language of Flowers - Sarah Jio This was a good book, great story, thought-provoking.
  5. Heiress - Susan May Warren
  6. Baroness - Susan May Warren (for review)
  7. Wish You Were Here - Beth Vogt (for review)
  8. Death Comes to Pemberley - P.D. James
  9. A Weekend with Mr. Darcy -  Victoria Connelly
  10. Wallflower in Bloom - Claire Cook
  11. Then Again - Diane Keaton
  12. Must Love Dogs - Claire Cook
  13. Multiple Choice - Claire Cook
  14. Summer Blowout - Claire Cook
  15. You are a Writer--So Start Acting Like One - Jeff Goins
  16. Chateau of Echoes - Siri Mitchell

No comments: