Friday, August 10, 2012

5 Minute Friday: Connect

CONNECT
CONNECT--at Lisa Jo formerly Gypsy Mama

Connections are so important.

I see my ministry as one of connection--connecting with women, connecting women with each other, and making sure that as far as it lies with me, no one is ever alone.

I think it's one of my ministries---especially on Facebook. Say what you will about that social networking site, but I've seen time and again how connections are made within my small but growing circle of acquaintance.

I'm not bragging, I'm just saying.

I have also made an effort this year to connect--really connect--with my girls. My goal is to look each of them in the eye at least once per day, tell them I love them, and give them a hug.

Sometimes this is not as easy as it might seem, and as both of them are in the throes of adolescent hormones and growing and learning about people and relationships and gaining and losing friends in this transient military life we live. I often feel like life is lived just like the previous run-on sentence: full speed ahead, act before thinking, jump into each day, speak before thinking. I don't like it much, and I'm trying to change, to live life with more purpose. Some days it works, some days it doesn't.

Make an effort today to connect--either here with me or in your own house--or with a friend across the street.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely post. I try to do the same in my house. Actually look my family in the eye when I'm speaking to them instead of rushing through everything we have to say to each other and doing other chores while we say it. Let's face it, life is busy, it often takes over (hence the name of my blog, Life Takes Over). But connecting, like you said, or at least trying to connect can make all the difference. I'm so glad I had this opportunity through Lisa-Jo to connect with you. Have a blessed day.

Denise said...

Beautiful post.

mwc liz said...

Visiting from Gypsy Mama's blog.

I really like this post and accept the challenge to connect with someone today.