Sunday, October 13, 2013

We Get It


October 12:

If you are not a military spouse but have a friend who is, you may have come across a few of those venting blogs. You know the ones. "I hate it when my civilian friend says her husband's business trip is just like my husband's deployment." On the other side of the coin, it's more like this: "My friend's husband is in a war zone and I don't know what to say. I mean, my husband only had to go to Austin, not Afghanistan."

Let me share something with you from my perspective. It's okay to talk to your friend. Because the truth of the matter is this:

Gone is gone.

When the husband is gone, things are not the same. Your heart is in another location, and it makes life harder when the one you share that life with is not at home.

It's okay to talk about it, but it's not okay to make assumptions. You know what they say about the word assume :)


Part of The Nester's #31Days - click to find more fabulousness

Link to all the posts in this series

Link to my other #31Days series of Inspiring Quotations

No comments: