Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Days 8-9 of 30 Days of Writing

Day #8's prompt: What was your favorite book this summer?

I got to read a lot this summer; I didn't get either of the full-time jobs I applied for, nor the writing job, and because of declining enrollment I wasn't able to teach a class.

My favorite fiction book was Kate Morton's The Secret Keeper, and my favorite nonfiction read was Jen Hatmaker's 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess. Both were excellent and I keep thinking about them.

Day #9: I am choosing to talk about my trip to Powell's Books in Portland. What an amazing store! Books everywhere, and the atmosphere was cheerful. It was busy. Literacy is alive and well in America!

Of course a few days later they opened a section that was being constructed while we were there. But floors and floors of books. It was incredible. I loved it.
Here is a photo I took:

No comments: