Sunday, September 07, 2014

Days 6-7 of 30 Days of Writing

Still "moving forward." Today, prompts #6 and #7.

6. When was the last time you received a handwritten letter?

I got a lovely thank-you letter from my grandma after her 90th birthday party. It's very special that she wrote something to our family. Her handwriting is increasingly becoming frail, but her words are strong and polite and lovely.


7. Grandparents Day! What is the most important lesson you learned from your grandparents?

I learned many things from my grandparents--I wish we'd lived closer than we did, but when we saw them, we talked and they cared for us and loved us a lot. I learned tenacity and strength from all four of them. I learned prayer and love and faith from my mom's parents, and the power of love and devotion from my dad's parents.

No comments: