Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October 14th: Believing God



The first online Bible study of its kind, Beth Moore's "Believing God" went online in 2002 and I was so excited to sign up! I had always wanted to do a Beth Moore study, but at the time I hadn't been able to do so.


The study was based on the Bible and what we as Christians say we believe about God. She summed it up thus:

Five Statement Pledge of Faith:
1) God is who He says He is.2) God can do what He says He can do.
3) I am who God says I am.
4) I can do all things through Christ.
5) God's Word is alive and active in me.
I'M BELIEVING GOD!

We wore blue cord bracelets and examined our faith. We filled in the blanks and learned more about God. We learned about the whole counsel of Scripture, that God's Word never changes and that He is constant and faithful.

I wish I could say that I never doubted again, but to be honest I went through this study during the difficult year of working full-time and dealing with my parents' divorce (see tomorrow's book). I think, though, that wearing the blue cord helped me remember that I was not alone, and that God was with me throughout one of the roughest times in my life.

I have the trade book and my original printouts from the online study (which is now all prettified with a DVD and a snazzy member book). It's good. If you're looking for something solid and not necessarily topical, this is a good study to cover the whole of Scripture.

To read more of this #31DaysofBooks series, visit the introduction post.

1 comment:

Leann said...

I always think of Natalie when I see this book.... I loved this study very much. Do you remember when we made beaded bracelets to wear during the study? Great memories of doing this one...