Monday, August 17, 2015

For the Love Review


I got this book as I was preparing to move across North America. For the Love gave me laughter, it gave me teary-eyed moments, and it gave me new phrases, like "off the beam" and "leggings as pants" (just say no, friends...) and the best of all: "Be Kind. Be You. Love Jesus."

If there is a book you want to give to all your friends, this would be the one. Jen Hatmaker has a smart and sassy sense of humor, and this book makes all of us feel that she's our very own bestie. She speaks truth in love and humor.

Here is my endorsement of the book. It wasn't chosen to be printed in the book itself, but it's on the website.



Biblical, humorous, poignant, and sometimes just a little bit irreverent, every chapter in Jen Hatmaker’s latest book For the Love is focused on what the title says: Everything we do, we do for the Love: love for God, love for His Son Jesus, love for His people. All His people: the people in our homes, in our churches, in our communities, in the world. I laughed and cried in turn, and my heart was moved to love God and His people in real and tangible ways. What more could one ask for in one book?

No comments: