Friday, September 11, 2015

Girl Meets Change

Change is inevitable. I have often said that the only things in life that are constant are God and change. It’s true, isn’t it? It’s almost as if I start to feel comfortable or at home in a place, Change knocks on the door, breezes into the house, hugs me too tightly, and plops down on the couch to make herself at home, dropping a few tasks and often lugging in some moving boxes as her cloying perfume cloud wafts around the room.

 Can you tell I’m not a huge fan of change? Oh friends, I’m really not. I don’t dread change, but I don’t always welcome it with open arms and an adventurous heart either. I’m somewhere in the middle.

 Enter Kristen Strong's new book, releasing today, titled Girl Meets Change: Truths to Carry You Through Life’s Transitions. Kristen is no stranger to change; her husband was an active duty service member for most of their marriage, and he retired last year after twenty-six years. This book is Kristen’s own story, anchored in Biblical truth and the wisdom of her experiences. She also includes some inspiring stories from her friends to reinforce the truth that God is always, always with us, especially during times of change.

 I read this book on the heels of the season with the most change I think I’ve yet encountered in my 40-plus years on this earth: older daughter graduating high school, a cross-continental PCS from one climate extreme to another, settling younger daughter into a high school three times the size of her previous one, and delivering older daughter to college a thousand miles away–all while (fruitlessly) job searching.

To read the rest of my review and an interview with the author, AND to enter the giveaway I'm hosting, please join me over at Wives of Faith.

No comments: