Saturday, June 23, 2018

This Could Change Everything: A Review

This Could Change EverythingThis Could Change Everything by Jill Mansell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have read many Jill Mansell books over the years, and this newest novel does not disappoint. I enjoyed everything about it. For fans of Jill Mansell in the US, you might want to know that this is not a reboot of an earlier book, but an entirely new novel that was also published this year in the UK.

This Could Change Everything is a very good Jill Mansell novel. The characters, the location, the situations that range from ridiculous to very real...it has it all. I would recommend this book to new readers of Jill Mansell, because it's a good example of her work. It also makes a terrific summer read that is fun and enjoyable.

From an aesthetic standpoint, this cover is much different from her other covers in the US, which were a certain style of very cute, but also distinctive. I don't know if it's rebranding, or has to do with the fact that often her books in the US are reissues of her earlier novels. Whatever the reason, I love the cover.

I recommend this book for fans of chick lit, lighthearted women's lit, fans of sassy older lady characters, and happily-ever-after endings.

No comments: