Saturday, June 26, 2021

Share Four Somethings June 2021

 


I'm dipping my toe in the water of writing again after a long drought. (L-o-n-g.) I haven't written for publication in a hot minute, so here we go. Thanks to Heather Gerwing for the invitation to participate. If you'd like an invitation to participate, consider yourself hereby invited to join in!

Here are the four:

Share Four Somethings  #sharefoursomethings

Something Loved
Something Read (or Said)
Something Treasured
Something Ahead

Something Loved

I love my family. I'm glad I have them to support me--not only through a tough time with my career, but also in the midst of this crazy move, my first in six years. 

Something Read

I've been reading some books, both paper books and on Kindle. Nothing has stood out to me as YOU MUST READ THIS RIGHT NOW. Sad, isn't it? But I'm chalking it up to feeling overwhelmed with moving and trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I've left my career, again, and it's been a maelstrom of emotions. 

Something Treasured

I love that I got to visit with three long-time, long-treasured friends on our move west. All three live in the St. Louis area, and as it turns out I didn't have to go far to see any of them. It was an amazing time of catching up and seeing their faces in person and hugs too (screw the pandemic; we were all immunized).

Something Ahead

I look forward to the last of the boxes being unpacked. It'll be a while. Let's see if I can get many of them unpacked (at least the first time; this does not count re-packing for storing) by the July Four Somethings!

OK, well, the boxes are summoning me and I must go unpack them. Or else fight the guilt of sitting here not unpacking them. *If you know, you know.*

5 comments:

Cindy said...

That is sad about the books! I was in a rut where everything I picked up were duds, but thankfully that has passed! Good luck on getting everything organized, moving is so hard!

Jennifer said...

This link-up is such a nice way to get back into blogging! I really look forward to it every month! Here's to all the boxes completely unpacked soon....such a good feeling! Hope you are enjoying your new home - and finding the perfect new place for everything that comes out of the boxes!!:)

Kelly R. Smith said...

We moved in November, and I still have boxes to unpack. Good for you getting those boxes empty!

A Byrd in His Hands said...

I'm so glad you got to catch up with old friends. It's always wonderful to see familiar faces.

Heather said...

Welcome and I'm so glad to have you participate in #sharefoursomethings Hope to see you in July!