Sunday, February 28, 2010

PCS=stress!

PCS, for my civilian readers, means Permanent Change of Station. In other words, moving. We are moving about 1,500 miles away from where we are now.

That's a long way.

I never intended to accumulate, but I am afraid I did accumulate books while we have been here. Occupational hazard, I guess (that occupation being voracious reader and book reviewer!).

The girls (ages 13 and 10) have done a great job of downsizing their toys and belongings, I think. We've outgrown a lot of their books and games since we've been here. Last summer we had a huge sale; this year, I'm planning another.

I am stressed out, mainly because we are going to be listing our house for sale in the next week or so. That means, nice neat house. I joke my house is decorated in 21st century clutter. That's not conducive to showcasing a house :)

So, that's what's going on here at the chaplain's house. I hope to write more in the future about how we got here, and how God has worked in my life.

For now, though, I'm going back to cleaning the house.

No comments: