So, we got the stairwell and living room painting done, as well as the new wood laminate flooring installed downstairs, and await only one trim piece for around the fireplace. It looks good, and with all of my stuff (books, scrapbook and craft supplies) stashed out in the shed or in the garage or under the stairs, well, the living room is quite large!
Remember I lost my 7-ft. bookshelf downstairs; it nearly didn't survive our last move, and I had to nail it together. Literally, the books and videotapes stored in it were holding it upright. Now it's gone. So, without all my books and "stuff" the living room looks pretty good. But I can't find anything, because I remember where it "used to be." Sort of like when you move, and you remember where things were in the old house, but not where they are in the current house!
I still don't know what I'll do with all of my scrapbook stuff. I guess at some point I'll need to bring it back in, sort it, and either use it or get rid of it.
So that's what I've been doing when I haven't been reading or reviewing books!
- Sales and Clearance at Old Navy. We saved a LOT of money there today.
- Military discounts. One of the reasons we saved at Old Navy today!
- Starbucks triple grande vanilla latte on a rainy afternoon.
- Downsizing the girls' clothing. We have two bags and a large box full of clothes they either don't want, or clothes that no longer fit, and in the case of the younger, the clothes her sister passed down that are not her style and she will never wear. We're getting rid of far, far more than we brought in to the house today. Chaplain Hubby should be a very happy man.
- The cooler weather really is a blessing, because we discovered that our AC does not work. Heh.